When to Discuss Domestic Abuse with a Lawyer

If you have been the victim of domestic abuse, then there are options available under the law to protect yourself and your family. Dealing with domestic abuse can be very difficult, so it is important that you work with a legal advocate who will seek out your best interest and effectively utilize legal tools that are available. If you have been the victim of domestic abuse, contact an Overland Park Divorce Attorney from Sarah Carmody Law.

What type of domestic abuse can an Overland Park Divorce Attorney help address?
A Shawnee Family Law Attorney can assist in addressing a variety of domestic abuse issues, including:

Physical violence

Verbal abuse

Emotional or mental abuse

Stalking and harassment

Narcissist and controlling behaviors

There may be remedies available through the courts, including orders for protection, restraining orders, or divorce actions.

When should you discuss domestic abuse with a lawyer?
If you have been the victim of any type of domestic abuse and are seeking protection, you should contact a Shawnee Family Law Attorney. Because of the confidentiality provided by the attorney-client privilege, you can speak openly and honestly with an attorney about your situation. Your attorney will not and cannot disclose this to anyone, which will prevent you from being subject to potential embarrassment or the other party learning of your concerns.

An attorney can discuss with you the different options available under the law to help you escape or receive relief from the abuse. If you choose to pursue these options, an attorney will represent you in the process and advocate for your protection.

At Sarah Carmody Law, we understand how difficult it can be to have gone through domestic abuse. We will strive to find the best way to help you with your situation. Contact us to learn how we can help.

Contact the Overland KS Divorce and Mediation Attorneys at Sarah Carmody Law, LLC at 913-257-3110 today!

The Sarah Carmody Law, LLC provide legal services for families located in these areas: Shawnee, Overland Park, Olathe, Leawood, Mission, Kansas City, Lenexa and Johnson County. Let us help you today.